Financial ERP Quality Analyst
Binary Stream Software has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Financial ERP Quality Analyst to join our award winning team. At Binary Stream we are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another. We know our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
About the Position
The primary duties of the Financial ERP Quality Analyst include: creating and executing test plans; working closely with developers to ensure all reported software defects are being resolved and verified, and to assure that high-quality software products are delivered in a timely manner; working closely with the Development Lead to plan and provide input into testing activities, requirements gathering, and the design process. Performing functional, regression, back-end, integration, performance acceptance and other required testing is a key part of this role in order to ensure that our products meet customer requirements and conform to functional design and testing.
This role would be a great fit for a QA ERP professional looking to leverage their already substantial ERP knowledge for advancement in a dynamic growing organization. It may also suit a seasoned accountant who is tired of daily accounting duties and craves a new challenge – to develop world class software!
The successful candidate will fulfill an ongoing commitment to add value to our clients’ business operations by delivering solutions that meet their unique needs. The Quality Analyst will work closely and effectively with the Development team and will play a key role in the delivery of high quality software solutions that integrate with Microsoft Dynamics GP software and other third party technologies. Working with other Quality Analysts, the focus will be on maintaining the highest quality standards for our world class products through designing and executing comprehensive control methods.
Success in this role is dependent on at least one of the “pillars” of our business – (1) an accounting / business workflow background or good knowledge thereof and/or (2) a working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics – GP or another closely related ERP/business software package.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related Business discipline.
- Proven software testing experience, preferably with ERP systems with a preference to Microsoft Dynamics GP, Dynamics AX, or related experience in applied business/accounting workflow.
- Experience with the software development life cycle and software testing methodologies (experience working within an Agile development environment would be an asset).
- Experience with software testing procedures including executing test plans, unit tests, test scenarios, regression tests etc.
- Knowledge of automated testing tools is an asset (WinRunner, QuickTestPro).
- Exposure of Microsoft based languages and development tools including Dexterity, .NET, C#, SQL Server, SharePoint, and eConnect) is a tremendous asset
- Accounting or financial related experience and/or education would be an asset
- Superior English Communication skills – both written and verbal.
Location: #201 – 4238 Lozells Avenue, Burnaby BC V5A 0C4
Position Start Date: Immediately
Salary: $45,000 to $55,000 per annum depending on experience and skills
What We Offer
Binary Stream offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package including full health and dental benefits, an RRSP Program with matching DPSPs, and a tuition assistance program. Other perks include team building events throughout the year and a gift on your birthday! Binary Stream values our employees and has created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can grow and excel with a successful world class company.
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates please send a resume, along with a cover letter and salary expectations to our HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.