Binary Steam is looking for a rock-star Marketing Manager to join our team!
The Marketing Manager will be a leader on the team responsible for telling the world (Microsoft Dynamics ERP industry) the story of our product. You will be accountable for crafting the strategy around messaging, go-to-market marketing campaigns for our product launches and developing expertise about potential customers. This is a hands-on role that will require strong collaboration between various stakeholders as well as a good understanding of the fundamentals of product marketing in a B2B environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage the Marketing team, providing guidance and leadership to bring together a cohesive marketing effort
- Provide strategic vision for the marketing department and lead the team in designing strategic approaches to the market
- Drive the performance of the Marketing team, creating an environment of trust, challenge and empowerment so that each member is contributing their best
- Accountable in whole or in part for key measurable outcomes such as lead generation, sales qualified lead generation, shortening sales cycles, increasing VAR engagement
- Understanding the Microsoft Dynamics ERP market problems through sales insight, research and competitive analysis and Binary Stream’s unique offerings to address them
- Understanding the various target markets and their unique needs and evaluate through research to help understand evaluators of the product and the buying process
- Create and manage an annual marketing plan that integrates campaign management and messaging/collateral development to support the strategic directions of the organization
- Establish methodologies and best practices to build a repeatable new product introduction/launch process
- Create leads by capturing the attention of suspect to the degree that they register with BSSI
- Nurture leads and increase their interest in the solutions to a point where they actively engage in a buying cycle
- Provide the core product messaging and collateral to support the marketing and sales plans, such as:
- Thought leadership tools (webinars, blogs, white papers, eBooks, etc.) to influence customers, buyers, industry specialists, research analysts, key editors in the press and other third parties
- Collateral (website content, data sheets and presentations , etc.) for each buyer persona/solution combination that is focused on a specific step of the buying process
- Build a strong relationship with the Product team and Product Manager(s) to share priorities, insights and plans and to gather the content required to produce product marketing and messaging materials
- Lead by example as you manage and mentor the team and collaborate with them to achieve the department business goals
- Act as an integral part of the management team at Binary Stream to add value to business planning, strategy and execution of the corporate goals
- 4+ years of Product Marketing experience and 4+ years of broad marketing management and strategy development in a B2B software company.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of pragmatic marketing approach would be an advantage
- Strong strategic thinking, creative problem solving, technical and analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically yet act very tactically
- Must love to create great content for external use
- Demonstrated leadership skills for managing a team and working with the management team on developing departmental strategy and executing operational efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and influence co-workers while fostering strong working relationships
- Excellent verbal, written, visual/presentation skills
- Must love to work in a collaborative, fast moving environment
- Objectivity and openness to others’ views and continuously builds a positive team spirit
What We Offer:
A great place to work. You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop but will laugh often and share many team outings and meals throughout the year. Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Sun Run or be an armchair athlete by joining a hockey pool. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, pizza days and picnics, and for those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike or canoeing day too. Binary Stream offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package with full health and dental benefits, an RRSP Program with matching DPSPs, and a tuition assistance program. Binary Stream values our employees and has created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow into their next roles. We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team!
Qualified candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to our HR Team. Apply here to upload your cover letter and resume in one file.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please. Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.