Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Office Administrator takes a customer service oriented and hands-on approach to balancing administrative duties with coordinating general office operations. This role is pivotal in ensuring an organized and positive working environment for all Binary Stream employees. Additionally, the incumbent assists the HR team, and Senior Management team, with administrative duties, planning and supporting office events, and various projects as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage front reception – answering phone calls, greeting visitors, receiving/dispatching couriers, picking up and distributing mail, administer and track keys
- Schedule reoccurring company-wide meetings using Outlook calendar
- Manage phone system – updating phone directory and company greetings
- Maintain necessary documents – organizational chart, seating/floor plan, phone lists
- Maintain office supplies – ordering office stationary, printer toners
- Coordinate any building maintenance with strata and outside vendors
- Responsible for all company storage area inventory and organization
- Facilitate equipment and furniture changes for new or updated office spaces
- Responsible for overall cleanliness of the office – communicating with office cleaners, general kitchen tidying, loading and unloading of the dishwasher,
- Responsible for employee snacks – purchasing and replenishing kitchen supplies and snacks, ordering coffee
- Assist HR team with planning, coordinating, and executing company events, birthdays, employee recognition, and various projects as required
- Assist Senior Management team with administrative duties or other projects as required
- Assist the Accounting team with basic bookkeeping, data entry, filing, scanning documents, expense reports and maintaining petty cash
Required Skills and Experience:
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a personal vehicle for purchasing
- 2+ years in an administrative, office support role
- 2+ years reception/front desk experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with event or office planning is an asset
- Experience with accounting or bookkeeping is an asset
- Passion for a diverse, hands on role
- Ability to regularly lift 25 lbs
- Strong communication skills
- Independent with strong initiative
- Results driven and can-do attitude
- Adaptable to work with all levels of the organization including Senior Management
- Team player and strong interpersonal effectiveness
Education & Training:
- Certificate or Diploma in Office Administration, Business, or related discipline would be considered an asset
Competencies and Proficiency Levels Required:
Refer to Competency Dictionary
What We Offer:
A great place to work. You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop but will laugh often and share many team outings and meals throughout the year. Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Sun Run or be an armchair athlete by joining a hockey pool. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, pizza days and picnics, and for those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike or canoeing day too. Binary Stream offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package with full health and dental benefits, an RRSP Program with matching DPSPs, and a tuition assistance program. Binary Stream values our employees and has created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow into their next roles. We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team!
Qualified candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to our HR Team. Apply here to upload your cover letter and resume in one file.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please. Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.