Join an award-winning team at Binary Stream Software, a 2015 winner of Microsoft’s President’s Club and ranked as one of BC Business Magazine’s fastest growing software companies. Binary Stream is a leader in building software products that simplify and streamline complex accounting challenges. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
Product Manager is responsible for conducting, promoting and tracking activities to ensure that assigned Binary Stream ERP solutions address real market needs, provide growing value to our customers, and operate as a profitable line of business within the company’s portfolio of products and services.
Success in this role is measured by the degree to which assigned solutions deliver business value to customers and how this translates into sustained growth in market share, revenue, and contribution to the company’s financial bottom line.
A Product Manager is an evangelist for Binary Stream’s solutions, and strategically drives the success of assigned solutions by mapping them to the right market to facilitate profitability and growth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct enhanced discovery activities in the Dynamics ERP marketplace, in order to maintain and communicate to internal stakeholders a deep knowledge of Dynamics ERP business issues that fit with Binary Stream’s areas of domain knowledge and expertise.
- Evaluate the pervasiveness of the business problems encountered along with competitive analysis, in order to quantify potential gaps we may be able to exploit.
- Collaboratively develop plans to promote and grow Binary Stream solutions to address a broader set of business needs / industries.
- Work closely with Business Analysts to translate concepts into detailed requirements and prototypes, and with the development teams to guide the prioritization of new features.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to design the go-to-market strategy and coordinate launch programs for new solutions or modules (including the introduction of a Binary Stream solution on a new ERP platform) to ensure that internal resources work in sync, that customer feedback is efficiently channeled to the right people, and that a sustainable stream of revenue is established in a timely manner.
- Work closely in support of the Marketing team to ensure that accurate and effective content is published to the marketplace in a timely manner.
- Maintain a central information base (“IPP”) for each assigned Binary Stream solution, providing internal stakeholders a current and accessible source of intelligence including a definition of the targeted market, user personas, key use cases/stories and problems addressed, competitive analysis, go-to-market strategy, etc.
- Generally perform in an ‘evangelist’ role with internal and external stakeholders in order to enthusiastically promote and facilitate the awareness and market success of assigned Binary Stream solutions.
- 3+ years of Product Management experience within a B2B software company.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful software product throughout its lifecycle
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Proven experience working in a lean and/or agile environment would be an advantage
- Structured mindset is essential; experience on project management is an advantage
- Strong strategic thinking, creative problem solving, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to develop compelling strategic proposals and effectively communicate these to executive management
- Experience as a product manager in the ERP domain space is a strong advantage
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Demonstrated ability to work alongside cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and influence co-workers ,while maintaining strong working relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must love to work in a collaborative, fast moving environment
- Openness to others’ views, while contributing to positive team rapport
What We Offer
A great place to work.
You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop but will laugh often and share many team outings and meals throughout the year. Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Sun Run or be an armchair athlete by joining a hockey pool. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, pizza days and picnics, and for those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike or canoeing day too.
Binary Stream offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package with full health and dental benefits, an RRSP Program with matching DPSPs, and a tuition assistance program.
Binary Stream values our employees and has created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow into their next roles. We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to our HR Team.
Apply here to upload your cover letter and resume in one file.
If you have any questions, please contact the HR team at email@example.com
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.