Software Developer (ERP) – Co-op
Join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software, a 2016 member of Microsoft’s President’s Club and a finalist of Partner of the Year. Binary Stream is a leader in building ERP software components that simplify and streamline complex accounting challenges. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
We are in the early stages of a plan to take our growth to another level and, as part of this plan, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our award winning team.
About the Position
Start Date: Spring 2018 start date
Term: 8 months or longer
Salary: Competitive package with possibility leading to a permanent position
Work location: Burnaby BC
Disciplines: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar disciplines
Reporting to the Development Team Lead, the Junior Software Developer is responsible for the efficient design and delivery of high quality software solutions that integrate Microsoft Dynamics software and third party technologies to meet client needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Junior Software Developer is involved in full lifecycle application development and is accountable for tailoring software solutions, customizations and enhancements for customers using Microsoft Business Solutions Great Plains and Small Business Manager products.
The duties of the Junior Software Developer include, participating in customizations and modifications to business solutions design, development of high quality code, investigating, analyzing and replicating issues and providing support to customers, testing and analysis for operational functionality of solutions and delivery of finished products and implementation on a time / services sensitive schedule, performing tuning improvement on software.
Core Competencies and Skills:
- Strong Software Development experience, Ability to use development tools including Dexterity, .Net to develop software on Microsoft Great Plains according to published standards and design guidelines.
- Strong Database knowledge, in-depth understanding of MS SQL server and able to use Transact – SQL to develop stored procedures.
- Ability to identify and analyze key business work flow and comprehend business logic.
- Communication skills, good command of English in written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment, while handling interruptions as part of the routine.
- Continuous improvement philosophy with a strong ability to take initiative, suggest changes for process improvements and effectively communicate this to other team members and the Director or Manager.
- Strong desire to lead projects and see them through to completion.
- Problem solving skills, Ability to investigating and analyzing issues and solve problems.
- Ability to use independent judgment and a consultative approach with other Developers and QAs.
- Strong team player, willing to help out and assist others when needed.
- Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility.
We’re looking for a strong .NET developer who will be able to work on a variety of tasks in the SDLC and quickly learn development on the Dynamics ERP platform. This position requires someone with a strong understanding of databases coupled with excellent analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities. Excellent communication skills are essential.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Working towards Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with SQL Server, .Net, C# , and other MS tools
- Experience with developing customization in Microsoft Dynamics AX or any other ERP platform is an asset
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with others through SDLC. (Experience in Scrum Agile would be an asset)
- A passion for continuous learning
- A strong sense of personal accountability and a passion for team work and collaboration
- Certification in Microsoft Dynamics or other Microsoft technologies would be an asset
- Experience in finance or accounting would be an asset
- Superior English Communication skills – both written and verbal.
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates please apply here with their resumes with the subject of “Software Developer (ERP) – Co-op”.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
A great place to work.
You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop your skills but you will also laugh often and share many team outings and meals throughout the year. Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Sun Run or be an armchair athlete by joining a hockey pool. Enjoy the regular potlucks, healthy (and not-so healthy) snacks, surprise lunches, picnics, and for those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike or canoeing day too.
Binary Stream offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package with full health and dental benefits, an RRSP Program with matching DPSPs, a discounted gym membership and a tuition assistance program.
Binary Stream values our employees and has created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow into their next roles. We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Binary Stream Software is a Microsoft Gold Certified independent software provider (ISV) providing comprehensive industry and enterprise-grade ERP functionality to extend the functionality of Dynamics GP and AX.
Founded in 1999, and headquartered in Vancouver, Binary Stream is an award-winning, top performer with regular recognition in the Microsoft Dynamics President’s Club, as well as the bearer of many other notable awards such as: Business in Vancouver’s BC’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies, PROFIT 200’s list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, CDN Channel Elite’s Best Mid-Market Solution finalist.
With a passion for solving complex business problems Binary Stream is committed to providing exceptional return on investment to our clients and continued business opportunity to our partners. Our year-over-year growth and increased revenues for partners is testament to that commitment.
At Binary Stream, you will find a rewarding environment that encourages initiative, collaboration and bright ideas that contribute to success. For more information, please visit www.binarystream.com.