Applications Systems Analyst
Your opportunity starts with us
Are you result driven? A unique and exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Applications Systems Analyst with Binary Stream Software Inc., one of the fastest growing Tech Companies in BC!
What does success look like for you?
- You have demonstrated leadership skills and managed scalable projects
- You have at least 3- 5 years experience developing and customizing cloud-based solutions, and delivering systems software support, preferably in the financial ERP space
- You are a SharePoint and SQL guru
- You continually grow your expertise through learning and professional development
- You demonstrated results with the right solution at the right time because you value optimization and innovation
We are right for you!
Are you looking for a great working environment with a team of committed and passionate people, who have a strong work ethic, love their job, enjoy autonomy in the workplace, and know they are valued?
Are you driven to succeed especially in a fast-paced, agile, and collaborative environment?
Do you have passion to continuously look for ways to improve, to add value, and show how you get great results?
Then join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software!
Why join us? We are ranked as one of BC Business Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Software Companies” and one of the 2018 “Top 100 Tech Companies in BC” by Business in Vancouver. We are still growing due to worldwide demand for our Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions. We build products, so this is a great opportunity to develop and grow your career long term with us. We provide a great place to work where everyone feels engaged and appreciated. Our success is defined by our collaborative culture because our teams value connecting and working together to create solutions.
We are a gold-certified Independent Software Vendor for Microsoft, creating add-on solutions to enhance the accounting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics ERP systems. Binary Stream’s solutions help organizations manage complex accounting challenges without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We help make critical business processes scalable, easier to manage and reduce costs. Our solutions have been a key element in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP ecosystem for decades. At Binary Stream, we know that achieving these results takes a world class team. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and managing scalable projects
- 3-5 years of experience with application development, testing, and deployment in cloud-based solutions
- IT- Business relationship experience and solid interpersonal skills dealing directly in person with internal stakeholders
- Proficiency in SharePoint and SQL
- Strong working experience with Microsoft technologies
- Demonstrated ability to deliver successful results
- Passion for accountability and adding value
- Experience working in a fast-paced, Agile and Lean environment where your performance is recognized and you have great support to help you succeed
- Experience working collaboratively to produce results
- Desire to continually learn, apply new applications quickly, and motivated to contribute to the company long term
- Strong sense of initiative in taking appropriate action and sound judgment
- Effective communication skills to communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization and customers
- Prior IT- business relationship experience and strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with internal/external customers.
Here’s what you will do:
Support and maintain Binary Stream’s internal systems and applications in order to ensure they provide optimum support to business operations. These applications include but are not limited to: SharePoint, Jira, Dynamics CRM, , financial ERP systems, the company website, along with all related extensions and add-ons.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Professional Services, the Applications Systems Analyst takes necessary actions, tracks related activities, and collaborates closely with internal and external stakeholders, with the overall goal of effectively resolving problems and supporting the company to get the most value from our internal computing tools. This person must be available for internal systems support and implementations as needed, outside of the regularly scheduled business hours.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides internal user helpdesk support which includes:
- Recording, analyzing/troubleshooting and prioritizing issues as they come in,
- Resolving problems independently and/or distributing to the appropriate parties (IT Service Provider, internal SME).
- Application development and performing applications testing and application deployments.
- Manage incident queue for business solutions team and resolve in a timely manner.
- Provide support to business users with implementation, testing and gathering business requirements.
- Liaises with and acts as the primary source of contact for internal systems and customers while qualifies/tracks work that goes to the outsourced IT service provider.
- Coordinates the organization & administration of virtual machine clusters, liasing with the IT service provider as needed.
- Sets up and maintains the ERP and add-on product configurations on in-house demo server environments, liasing with IT service provider and SME as needed.
- Maintain and customize internal software applications which include:
- Managing and tracking software configurations and updates (e.g. Jira, CRM, SharePoint, HubSpot)
- Ensuring timely applications of upgrades, fixes, SP, patches etc.
- Provides usage support and customization which includes:
- Creating and maintaining a library of product documentation and online learning media.
- Researching, training and advising users about optimum use of products.
- Onboarding new employees by providing setup, training, and access management.
- Managing setups and providing customizations (i.e.: UDFs & workflows).
- Manage information integration and delivery for internal systems which includes:
- Maintaining and working a prioritized backlog of reporting/BI needs,
- Delivering, developing and maintaining solutions (including integrations) directly, via outsourcing.
- Analysis of support issues, development and continuous improvement of relevant user guides, and devise solutions to mitigate future issues; conduct research and make recommendations.
- Produce Ad Hoc reporting
Technical Skills and Other Requirements
- Proficiency in SQL
- PowerShell scripting
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Technologies such as CRM, SharePoint, JIRA, D365
- Visual Studio
- Experience with cloud-based solutions
- Building KPI Dashboard and maintenance
- Website administration experience and marketing tools such as HubSpot.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Operational understanding of various IT systems
- Data analysis and documentation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient ability with database query to produce ad hoc reports
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3- 5 years’ experience with application upgrades, migrations and delivering systems software support, preferably in the financial ERP space.
- 2 years’ experience building KPI Dashboard and maintenance
- Previous experience supporting Microsoft Technologies and using SQL server within the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Intermediate level presentation and training experience.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions, Website administration and marketing tools
- Must have operational understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure framework
- Experience working in an agile fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to produce results.
- Project management experience
What We Offer
A great place to work where the CEO knows your name! Where there’s open communication to freely share your ideas and they are valued. You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop. Throughout the year you will laugh often and enjoy many fun company activities!
- Feeling hungry or thirsty? Grab a free snack from our staff kitchen! We regularly offer a variety to our teams. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, picnics, and lunch & learns.
- Feeling energized or need an energy boost? We support and encourage a healthy lifestyle! Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Vancouver Sun Run, or sign up to play basketball or soccer with your coworkers.
- Feeling you need some fresh air and sun? For those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike or canoeing day too!
Our Benefits and Compensation
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Extended Health and Dental including Employee Assistance Program (personal health, mental and emotional well-being)
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP Matching Program
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Option
- Tuition Assistance Program
Our Perks and Work Environment
- Inclusive, diverse, friendly and enjoyable work environment
- Yoga and Meditation
- Subsidized fitness membership
- Flexible work schedule to encourage a good work-life balance
We value our employees and guide them to succeed and grow with the company! We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team and grow with us!
Qualified candidates are invited to send a copy of their cover letter and resume here directly to our HR Team.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please. Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.