Your opportunity starts with us!
Are you driven to succeed especially in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative environment? Are you a fast learner that excels at grasping new software & technical concepts? Do you have a passion to continuously look for ways to improve to add value and able to demonstrate great results? Do you have ERP experience and or Finance background? Then join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software!
We are a gold-certified Independent Software Vendor for Microsoft, creating add-on solutions to enhance the accounting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics ERP. Binary Stream solutions help organizations facing complex accounting challenges to achieve Tier 1 ERP capabilities without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We help make critical business processes scalable, easier to manage and increase savings of hundreds of thousands of dollars! Our solutions have been a key element in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP ecosystem for decades. At Binary Stream, we know that achieving these results takes a world class team. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
- You have ERP experience and/or accounting knowledge
- 3+ years experience as a Business Analyst
- Demonstrated ability to deliver successful results
- Passion for accountability and adding value
- Love working in a fast-paced, agile and lean environment where your performance is recognized
- Experience working collaboratively to produce results
- Love to continually learn, applies learning quickly and is motivated to contribute to the company long term
- Wants a great environment to work!
Reporting to the Director of Software Development and Professional Services, the Business Analyst is responsible for collecting, documenting, verifying and communicating business requirements. This will include providing as-needed support to stakeholders in leveraging business requirements to produce artifacts including sales collateral, test plans, functional designs, and training material. This role also contributes to product management discussions and ensures the quality of product documentation delivered to customers.
Please note this opportunity will require working out of our Canadian head office located in Burnaby, BC. Unfortunately, this opportunity is not eligible for working remotely.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage business requirements originating from customers, business partners and product management
- Gather, document, verify and gain customer approval for functional and non-functional requirements that clearly and accurately describe customer and market needs, and which demonstrate an understanding of product workflows
- Work closely in support of stakeholders to ensure that a clear shared understanding of business requirements is established before they are released for development
- Ensure the quality of product documentation supplied to customers, which may include requirements specification, high level functional design, user documents and online help
- Support the software test team in developing and executing effective test plans
- Support software development staff, as needed, in correctly interpreting requirements and translating them into functional design
- Support professional services staff in the design and development of effective product training materials
- Maintain Product Backlog documents, and contribute to the product management discussions related to the prioritization and scheduling of new features
- Provide general leadership in raising capacity and awareness of business analysis best practice
- Experience working in accounting
- Experience working with an ERP solution (Experience working with Microsoft ERP solutions like D365 Finance & Operations, GP and D365 Business Central is an advantage)
- Professional Services Consulting experience in the area of an ERP solution
- Skilled in utilizing business analysis tools and techniques along with the ability to produce clear, accurate, and unambiguous business requirements
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Understanding of the software development life cycle is essential (Scrum Agile experience is a strong asset)
- Previous experience working with a requirements management system is an advantage
- Intermediate to advanced business technical writing skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ work experience as a business analyst; experience working with accounting and/or ERP systems is preferred
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP, D365 Finance and Operations, D365 Business Central is a strong asset
- CMA/CGA designation and/or CBAP certification is an asset
- Experience with SharePoint is an asset
- Experience working in an agile and fast-paced environment
What We Offer
A great place to work where the CEO knows your name! Where there’s open communication to freely share your ideas and they are valued. You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop. Throughout the year you will laugh often and enjoy many fun company activities!
- Feeling hungry or thirsty? Grab a free snack from our staff kitchen! We regularly offer a variety to our teams. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, picnics, and lunch & learns.
- Feeling energized or need an energy boost? We support and encourage a healthy lifestyle! Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Vancouver Sun Run, or sign up to play basketball or soccer with your coworkers.
- Feeling you need some fresh air and sun? For those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike or canoeing day too!
Our Benefits and Compensation
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Extended Health and Dental including Employee Assistance Program (personal health, mental and emotional well-being)
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP Matching Program
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Option
- Tuition Assistance Program
We value our employees and guide them to succeed and grow with the company! We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Why join us?
20 years of success! We are ranked as one of BC Business Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Software Companies” and one of the 2018 “Top 100 Tech Companies in BC” by Business in Vancouver. We are still growing due to worldwide demand for our Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions. We build products, so this is a great opportunity to develop and grow your career long term with us. We provide a great place to work where everyone feels engaged and appreciated. Our success is defined by our collaborative culture because our teams value connecting and working together to create solutions.
How to join and grow with us!
Qualified candidates are invited to send a copy of their cover letter and resume here directly to our HR Team.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please. Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.