Business Analyst/ Services Consultant
Join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software! We are ranked as one of BC Business Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Software Companies” and one of the 2018 “Top 100 Tech Companies in BC” by Business in Vancouver!
We are a gold-certified Independent Software Vendor for Microsoft, creating add-on solutions to enhance the accounting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics ERP, which sell through a loyal channel of Value-Added Resellers. With Binary Stream solutions, organizations facing complex accounting challenges can achieve Tier 1 ERP capabilities without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We not only help make critical business processes scalable and easier to manage, but allow for hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings in the process. Our solutions have been a key element in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP ecosystem for decades. At Binary Stream, we know that achieving these results takes a world class team. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people. Our culture is value and result driven. We follow lean and agile principles in our everyday work areas to help us continuously improve, create meaningful and challenging work opportunities and meet our growing business demands.
We are in the process of scaling-up and plan to take our growth to another level and, as part of this plan, we have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst/ Services Consultant to join our Development Team!
Reporting to the Director of Development, Professional Services & Support, the Business Analyst/ Software Services Consultant is responsible for delivering value-add services to customers in support of Binary Stream products, and also responsible for collecting, documenting, verifying and communicating business requirements. The Business Analyst/ Software Services Consultant also participates in providing pre-sale help to sales as required. This will include providing as-needed support to stakeholders in leveraging business requirements to produce artifacts including sales collateral, test plans, functional designs, and training material. This role also contributes to product management discussions and ensures the quality of product documentation delivered to customers. This role may require travel from time to time
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver services to customers in accordance with Binary Stream best practices, maintaining communication with stakeholders and managing expectations throughout the engagement.
- Conduct requirements gathering as needed to determine customer needs.
- Report status of service delivery engagements, collaborating and escalating where appropriate.
- Manage business requirements originating from customers, business partners and product management.
- Gather, document, verify and gain customer approval for functional and non-functional requirements that clearly and accurately describe customer and market needs, and which demonstrate an understanding of product workflows.
- Work closely in support of stakeholders to ensure that a clear shared understanding of business requirements is established before they are released for development.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and support as needed to other staff who may engage in service delivery activities from time to time.
- Collaborate with the Sales team, supporting and helping with pre sales opportunities, in order to promote revenue growth and customer satisfaction.
- Fulfill administrative processes as necessary to ensure that all reporting, invoicing, project closure and other functions are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure the quality of product documentation supplied to customers, which may include requirements specification, high level functional design, user documents and online help.
- Support the software test team in developing and executing effective test plans.
- Support software development staff, as needed, in correctly interpreting requirements and translating them into functional design.
- Advanced working knowledge of financial ERP software, Microsoft Dynamics GP/D365 Business Central and D365 Finance & Operations is preferred.
- Working knowledge of SQL server, databases and SQL queries.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS-Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Hands-on database analysis, manipulation and reporting experience.
- Intermediate to advanced business technical writing skills.
- Skilled in utilizing business analysis tools and techniques along with the ability to produce clear, accurate, and unambiguous business requirements.
What We Offer
A great place to work.
You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop but will laugh often and share many team outings and meals throughout the year. Join our running club, soccer team, basketball team or volleyball team. You can try to beat the CEO in the Sun Run. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, pizza days and picnics, and for those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike, skiing or canoeing day too.
Binary Stream offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package with full health and dental benefits, an RRSP Program with matching DPSPs, and a tuition assistance program.
Binary Stream values our employees and has created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow into their next roles. We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates are invited to send a copy of their cover letter and resume here directly to our HR Team.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.
…check out our 4.5 rating and reviews on glassdoor.ca!