Join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software! We are ranked as one of BC Business Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Software Companies” and one of the 2018 “Top 100 Tech Companies in BC” by Business in Vancouver!
We are a gold-certified Independent Software Vendor for Microsoft, creating add-on solutions to enhance the accounting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics ERP. With Binary Stream solutions, organizations facing complex accounting challenges can achieve Tier 1 ERP capabilities without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We not only help make critical business processes scalable and easier to manage, but allow for hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings in the process. Our solutions have been a key element in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP ecosystem for decades. At Binary Stream, we know that achieving these results takes a world class team. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
Reporting to the Director of Software Development and Professional Services, the Business Analyst is responsible for collecting, documenting, verifying and communicating business requirements. This will include providing as-needed support to stakeholders in leveraging business requirements to produce artifacts including sales collateral, test plans, functional designs, and training material. This role also contributes to product management discussions and ensures the quality of product documentation delivered to customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage business requirements originating from customers, business partners and product management.
- Gather, document, verify and gain customer approval for functional and non-functional requirements that clearly and accurately describe customer and market needs, and which demonstrate an understanding of product workflows.
- Work closely in support of stakeholders to ensure that a clear shared understanding of business requirements is established before they are released for development.
- Ensure the quality of product documentation supplied to customers, which may include requirements specification, high level functional design, user documents and online help.
- Support the software test team in developing and executing effective test plans.
- Support software development staff, as needed, in correctly interpreting requirements and translating them into functional design.
- Support professional services staff in the design and development of effective product training materials.
- Maintain Product Backlog documents, and contribute to the product management discussions related to the prioritization and scheduling of new features.
- Provide general leadership in raising capacity and awareness of business analysis best practice.
- Skilled in utilizing business analysis tools and techniques along with the ability to produce clear, accurate, and unambiguous business requirements.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle is essential (Scrum Agile experience is a strong asset).
- Previous experience working with a requirements management system is an advantage.
- Intermediate to advanced business technical writing skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years’ work experience as a business analyst; experience working with financial and/or ERP systems is preferred.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle; Scrum Agile experience is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP/Finance and Operations a strong asset.
- CMA designation and/or CBAP certification an asset.
- Experience with SharePoint and/or Robohelp an asset.
What We Offer
A great place to work where the CEO knows your name! You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop. Throughout the year you will laugh often and have the option to participate in many company activities.
Grab a snack or a coffee from our staff kitchen! Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Vancouver Sun Run, or sign up to play basketball with your coworkers. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, picnics, and lunch & learns. For those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike or canoeing day too!
Binary Stream offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Extended Health and Dental, 3 weeks’ vacation, RRSP Program, and Tuition Assistance Program.
We value our employees and have created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow with the company! We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates are invited to send a copy of their cover letter and resume here directly to our HR Team.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.
…check out our 4.5 rating and reviews on glassdoor.ca!