Director of Marketing
Join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software! We are ranked as one of BC Business Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Software Companies” and one of the 2018 “Top 100 Tech Companies in BC” by Business in Vancouver!
We are a gold-certified Independent Software Vendor for Microsoft, creating add-on solutions to enhance the accounting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics ERP, which sell through a loyal channel of Value-Added Resellers. With Binary Stream solutions, organizations facing complex accounting challenges can achieve Tier 1 ERP capabilities without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We not only help make critical business processes scalable and easier to manage, but allow for hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings in the process. Our solutions have been a key element in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP ecosystem for decades. At Binary Stream, we know that achieving these results takes a world class team. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people. Our culture is value and result driven. We follow lean and agile principles in our everyday work areas to help us continuously improve, create meaningful and challenging work opportunities and meet our growing business demands.
We are in the process of scaling-up and plan to take our growth to another level and, as part of this plan, we have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Marketing to join our Management Team!
The Director of Marketing reports to the President and is an integral part of the company’s leadership team. The incumbent is responsible for leading Binary Stream’s solution marketing activities, while spearheading our growth into new markets worldwide. The role is responsible for strategy and execution of marketing efforts for launching new solutions in new markets. The Director of Marketing will devise marketing strategies collaborating closely with the Director of Sales, Product Management team and President to create success in order to achieve marketing objectives while working with the channel and driving multi-solution strategy in the market to meet demand generation metrics.
This role collaborates closely with other members of the leadership team to design and execute on company initiatives related to scaling the business, maintaining healthy company values & culture, and fostering a workplace that supports learning & innovation. The Director of Marketing will play an instrumental role in developing and executing corporate strategy, improving processes and data management, coaching marketing team members and delivering on marketing objectives and supporting and collaborating with the sales team to drive the corporate revenue and sales targets.
The Director of Marketing is accountable to maintain an effective marketing team, managing the Binary Stream brand, and demand generation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Leading and Managing:
- Lead by example by coaching the marketing team and working closely with the sales team to establish mutually supportive relationships that are reflected in strategic messaging in the marketplace
- As a marketing leader you will mentor, coach and supervise a team of 3-4 or more members as we continue to grow the team
- As a member of the leadership team, work cross functionally with all leadership members, accurately reporting on market and customer activity and recommending strategies for sales growth
- Drive the performance of the Marketing team, creating an environment of trust, challenge, supporting learning and development, and empowerment so that each member is contributing their best
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate multiple projects and competing work demands. Ability to see the “big picture” while managing several small projects whilst incorporating details to achieve transparency and clarity
- Able to develop a pragmatic and value driven approach to managing marketing budgets
Understanding the ERP space, target marketing approach and channel marketing:
- Understanding the Microsoft Dynamics ERP market problems through sales insight, research and competitive analysis and Binary Stream’s unique offerings to address them
- Understanding the various target markets and their unique needs and evaluate through research to help understand evaluators of the product and the buying process
Target Brand Marketing:
- Create and manage an annual target marketing plan that integrates campaign management and messaging and evergreen collateral development to support the strategic directions of the organization
- To work on multiple projects including various solution based target brand marketing strategies
- Establish methodologies and best practices to build a repeatable new product introduction/launch process
- Provide the core product messaging and collateral to support the marketing and sales plans, such as:
- Thought leadership tools (webinars, blogs, white papers, eBooks, videos etc.) to influence customers, buyers, industry specialists, research analysts, key editors in the press and other third parties
- Evergreen Collateral (website content, data sheets and presentations, videos etc.) to help educate buyers on our solutions and individual buyer personas
- Build a strong relationship with the Product team and Product Manager(s) to share priorities, insights and plans and to gather the content required to produce product marketing and messaging materials
- Accountable in whole or in part for key measurable outcomes such as lead generation, sales qualified lead generation, shortening sales cycles, increasing channel engagement and enablement
- Create leads by capturing the attention of suspect to the degree that they register with BSSI
- Nurture leads and increase their interest in the solutions to a point where they actively engage in a buying cycle
- Creating actionable business with work breakdown plans and marketing strategies for direct and partner channels that meet the objectives of the company for revenue and market growth
- Working closely with the marketing team, developing and moving opportunities forward, mentoring and coaching the team to achieve goals
- Working collaboratively with the Director of Sales and the team to understand the needs of sales and partners, looking for opportunities to pro-actively generate materials and activities that increase the company’s reach
- Partnering with the Director of Development, Professional Services & Support, offering input on market and customer needs that will be useful in evolving the product roadmap
- Ability to collaborate, adapt to agile methodologies while executing strategies to increase visibility and create transparency of marketing efforts
Creating Best Practices and Increasing Scalability
- Implementing and managing best practices and repeatable processes, using refined metrics to ensure individual and team accountability
- Managing reporting cycles, forecasts, pipeline and revenue expectations; implement/revise and develop new dashboards and metrics for analysis and predictability of sales
- Own the data and process as part of the marketing operations areas to drive efficiencies
- Leverage the scalability initiatives to help the business continue to have a strong presence in North America and expand into newer markets in Europe
- Act as a role model for the company culture – ambitious, passionate, engaged, collaborative, and always demonstrating high integrity
- Required to travel and participate at trade shows and conference meetings as needed
- Act as an advisor to the President & CEO on various company matters as required
- Work closely with the executive team, accurately report on market and customer activity, recommend strategies for sales growth and anticipate potential obstacles to progress
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of MS Office products including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Intermediate to advanced presentation skills
- Ability to develop and run metrics-based forecasting and reporting
- Proven channel experience would be an advantage
- Proven experience on project management would be an advantage
- Experience working in the B2B software industry would be an advantage
- Experience and knowledge in ERP environment would be an advantage
- Prior experience in coaching and managing a marketing team is required for the role
- Attention to details and ability and willingness to utilize these skills in everyday action areas is required.
- Ability to collaborate and adopt agile and lean principles & methodologies
Education and Experience:
- At least 10 years marketing experience, and 5 years in a leadership sales position in organizations with annual sales of $10,000,000 or more
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, or in a related business field. MBA considered an asset
- Experienced hands-on leader of change and driving organizational restructuring
- Proven experience on ERP space and channel marketing is desirable
- Experience and a track record of leading relationships with key strategic partners crucial to long term business success, particularly within the Microsoft partner platform
- A highly ethical individual with integrity A great place to work.Binary Stream offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package with full health and dental benefits, an RRSP Program with matching DPSPs, and a tuition assistance program.
What We Offer:
A great place to work.
You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop but will laugh often and share many team outings and meals throughout the year. Join our running club, soccer team, basketball team or volleyball team. You can try to beat the CEO in the Sun Run. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, pizza days and picnics, and for those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike, skiing or canoeing day too.
Binary Stream offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package with full health and dental benefits, an RRSP Program with matching DPSPs, and a tuition assistance program.
Binary Stream values our employees and has created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow into their next roles. We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team:
Qualified candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to our HR Team. Apply here to upload your cover letter and resume in one file.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.