Marketing Content Writer
Join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software! We are ranked as one of BC Business Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Software Companies” and one of the 2018 “Top 100 Tech Companies in BC” by Business in Vancouver!
We are a gold-certified Independent Software Vendor for Microsoft, creating add-on solutions to enhance the accounting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics ERP, which sell through a loyal channel of Value-Added Resellers. With Binary Stream solutions, organizations facing complex accounting challenges can achieve Tier 1 ERP capabilities without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We not only help make critical business processes scalable and easier to manage, but allow for hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings in the process. Our solutions have been a key element in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP ecosystem for decades. At Binary Stream, we know that achieving these results takes a world class team. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
We are in the early stages of a plan to take our growth to another level and, as part of this plan, we have an exciting opportunity for a Content Writer to join our Marketing department!
The Content Developer (Copywriter) will research, plan, and write compelling content that demonstrates deep understanding of accounting processes, showcases insight into the Microsoft Dynamics ecosystem, and clearly communicate the value proposition of each of our core solutions. As our solutions can appeal to both horizontal and vertical markets, with a target audience of both Value-Added Resellers, and product End-Users, the Content Developer (Copywriter) will be able to adjust tone and scope of copywriting for each respective solution and target audience group.
Binary Stream solutions are sold throughout North America, and expanding into Europe and across the globe. The Content Developer (Copywriter)will have an awareness of potential accounting process variances in other countries, as well as mindfulness of other global trends and cultural differences that may influence their copywriting for various market segments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Research content ideas by liaising with cross-functional team and maintain editorial calendar for each of our solutions
- Write, edit, and produce error-free content across various digital and traditional channels. This includes but is not limited to: Website, emails, blog, e-books, video scripts, brochures, print ads, and tradeshow collateral
- Repurposing content from one medium into other content assets, including refining technical content into straightforward marketing messaging
- Maintain and uphold the Binary Stream voice across all branded content
- Strong conceptual, brainstorming, and collaborating abilities
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- An earnest willingness to collaborate with partners and stakeholders
- Ability to work on numerous concurrent projects with imminent deadlines
- Accounting knowledge and experience
- Comfort working within a company that follows lean/agile principles, and a marketing team that follows agile marketing
- Good humor, flexibility, and a positive attitude
Education & Experience
- A degree or diploma in communications, writing, or other related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience writing a broad range of external communications in a B2B environment, with experience writing in the accounting or ERP market preferred.
- Proven record of full cycle content development from idea, to publication, to archiving.
A Day in the Life
- 8:45am: Arrive early in order to prepare a breakfast in the lunch room before the morning marketing huddle. New flavors for the coffee machine were put out, as well as fresh bagels, so you decide to grab those.
- 9am: Share your previous day’s accomplishments, your goals for today, and any foreseeable impediments to your tasks with your team in the morning marketing huddle.
- 9:30am: Sit-in on a development team’s sprint review session, where you learn about the new product features that are released. You will be writing about these features soon for an upcoming newsletter, so you ask some questions about functionality for specific ERP platforms.
- 10am: While looking over your notes from last week’s interviews with Solutions Consultants, Development Team Leads, and Business Analysts, you frame up an outline for new whitepaper targeted at the European shipping and logistics industry. It will be a part of a wider campaign coordinated between sales and marketing. Before lunch, you send your outline and some explanatory notes on your strategy for the whitepaper off to the Marketing Manager for initial comments.
- 12:30pm: Head upstairs to the lunch room where you sign up for a scrimmage soccer game organized by the finance team.
- 1pm: The graphic designer has finished the layout for a new guidebook that will be released the end of the current marketing Sprint. They need an extra page of copy from you. You decide to expand on some of our solution capabilities, and refocus the conclusion on business goals introduced in the first section of the guidebook. In total, 200 words were added, and the guidebook looks much better in the layout.
- 2:45pm: Ice cream snack in the lunch room!
- 3pm: You have a meeting with a technical product manager and a business analyst, where you go over specific copy requirements to advertise our product in a new online marketplace. After the meeting, you evaluate what our competitors are doing and compare that with a published best practice guide. You draft up your recommended tactical approach for the copywriting for the new marketplace, and send it to key stakeholders on the project.
- 4pm: The comments from the whitepaper are back from the Marketing Manager. With a note to keep in mind possible future translations for the European audience, the outline is approved! You finish up the day working on a first draft. Your day looks clear tomorrow, so you intend on having a working draft finished soon after lunch.
- 5:30pm: Hop in a carpool to a nearby Skytrain station.
What We Offer
A great place to work.
You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop but will laugh often and share many team outings and meals throughout the year. Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Sun Run or be an armchair athlete by joining a hockey pool. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, pizza days and picnics, and for those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike or canoeing day too.
Binary Stream offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package with full health and dental benefits, an RRSP Program with matching DPSPs, and a tuition assistance program.
Binary Stream values our employees and has created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow into their next roles. We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates are invited to send a copy of their writing portfolio, cover letter, and resume to our HR Team. Apply here!
If you have any questions, please contact the HR team at email@example.com
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.