Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Office Administrator takes a customer service oriented and hands-on approach to balancing administrative duties with coordinating general office operations. This full-time, permanent role is pivotal in ensuring an organized and positive working environment for all Binary Stream employees. Additionally, the incumbent assists the HR team, and Senior Management team, with administrative duties, planning and supporting office events, and various projects as required. Please note the start time for this position is 8:00am.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage front reception – answering phone calls, greeting visitors, receiving/dispatching couriers, picking up and distributing mail, administer and track keys
- Schedule reoccurring company-wide meetings using Outlook calendar
- Manage phone system – updating phone directory and company greetings
- Maintain necessary documents – organizational chart, seating/floor plan, phone lists, license plates, dietary preferences, etc
- Maintain office supplies – ordering office stationary, printer toners
- Coordinate any building maintenance with strata and outside vendors
- Responsible for all company storage area inventory and organization
- Facilitate equipment and furniture changes for new or updated office spaces
- Responsible for overall cleanliness of the office – communicating with office cleaners, general kitchen tidying, loading and unloading of the dishwasher,
- Responsible for employee snacks – purchasing and replenishing kitchen supplies and snacks, ordering coffee
- Assist HR team with planning, coordinating, and executing company events, birthdays, employee recognition, and various projects as required
- Responsible for booking and maintaining documentation for all travel arrangements to maintain efficiencies and reduce costs – flight, hotel, etc
- Assist Senior Management team with administrative duties or other projects as required
Required Skills and Experience
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a personal vehicle for purchasing
- 2+ years in an administrative, office support role
- 2+ years reception/front desk experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with event or office planning is an asset
- Experience with accounting or bookkeeping is an asset
- Passion for a diverse, hands on role
- Ability to regularly lift 25 lbs
- Strong communication skills
- Independent with strong initiative
- Results driven and can-do attitude
- Adaptable to work with all levels of the organization including Senior Management
- Team player and strong interpersonal effectiveness
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism
Education & Training
- Certificate or Diploma in Office Administration, Business, or related discipline would be considered an asset
What We Offer
A great place to work where the CEO knows your name! You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop. Throughout the year you will laugh often and have the option to participate in many company activities.
Grab a snack or a coffee from our staff kitchen! Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Vancouver Sun Run, or sign up to play basketball with your coworkers. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, picnics, and lunch & learns. For those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike or canoeing day too!
Binary Stream offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Extended Health and Dental, 3 weeks’ vacation, RRSP Program, and Tuition Assistance Program.
We value our employees and have created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow with the company! We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team!
Qualified candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to our HR Team. Apply here to upload your cover letter and resume in one file.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please. Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.