Partner Account Manager
Join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software! We are ranked as one of BC Business Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Software Companies” and one of the 2018 “Top 100 Tech Companies in BC” by Business in Vancouver!
We are a gold-certified Independent Software Vendor for Microsoft, creating add-on solutions to enhance the accounting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics ERP, which sell through a loyal channel of Value-Added Resellers. With Binary Stream solutions, organizations facing complex accounting challenges can achieve Tier 1 ERP capabilities without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We not only help make critical business processes scalable and easier to manage, but allow for hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings in the process. Our solutions have been a key element in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP ecosystem for decades. At Binary Stream, we know that achieving these results takes a world class team. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people. Our culture is value and result driven. We follow lean and agile principles in our everyday work areas to help us continuously improve, create meaningful and challenging work opportunities and meet our growing business demands.
We are in the process of scaling-up and plan to take our growth to another level and, as part of this plan, we have an exciting opportunity for a Partner Account Manager to join our Sales Team!
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Partner Account Manager is responsible for maximizing sales for assigned Binary Stream products and delivering maximum value/customer experience to re-sellers and end users. Through a consultative selling approach, this position will collaborate with all relevant departments including Sales, Marketing, Development and Administration, to drive initiatives that will enhance the overall sales. PAMs are “Partner / Customer facing” with a key objective to build strategic relationships and revenues against key product areas and industry verticals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deploy a best in class value based solution selling methodology (including the preparation of annual strategic sales plans and participation in quarterly reviews against plan).
- Adhere to the 4 pillar consultative sales approach – knowledge of accounting, Microsoft Dynamics ERP suite, our products and the market – combined with a consultative selling approach
- Assume 360 degree sales account ownership for partners and their end-customers including the lead qualification process and keeping all relevant opportunities current in CRM.
- Grow incremental business by expanding the BSSI footprint in existing partners/end-users and by sourcing, developing/cultivating new prospect Partners and End Users and related opportunities.
- Coordinate all account support functions including the planning and delegation of appropriate pre-sales resources against specific opportunities.
- Manage end to end sales cycles and commercial details in closing sales of BSSI products and services (including quotations, finalizing sale, invoicing and collections).
- Provide product marketing support (partner / industry campaigns).
- Meet and exceed all sales and marketing support metric targets including (1) sales quotas / targets overall and by product, (2) maintain healthy, realistic and current pipelines, (3) maintain the highest opportunity to close ratios possible and (4) reduce churn and protect sales opportunities.
- Maintain and keep safe the records, files, assets, and property of Binary Stream Software Inc., its customers, clients and resellers.
- Prepare presentations, proposals, releases, and participate in sales meetings and formal documents including the preparation of marketing literature.
- Manage Microsoft and VAR reseller channels and ISV relationships for assigned products; participate in marketing campaigns and organize webinars as required.
- Participate in trade shows and customer/partner visits.
- Manage and execute specific Sales and Marketing programs/projects authorized by management.
- Input into BSSI internal sales systems roadmaps.
- Drive communication and accountability across the value chain to ensure that the primary objective of value based solution selling, namely that the end customer receives a fit-for-task solution as efficiently and painlessly as possible, is achieved.
- Support new and existing clients in an efficient and confidential manner.
- Maintain and promote ethical relations with all clients and partners.
- Required to travel as needed
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of MS Office products including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM
- Superior written and oral English communication skills
- Intermediate mathematical skills re: costing / estimating projects
- Intermediate to advanced presentation skills with the ability to clearly demo BSSI products in front of customers.
- Proficiency with technologies such as remote collaboration tools i.e. VPN, Goto meeting, webinars and adept to emerging technology tools
Education and Experience:
- A post-secondary degree in business and/or Information Technology or a college diploma in a similar field.
- A minimum of 3 years in ERP software sales, consulting or business process analysis.
- Previous ERP platform experience is mandatory – MS Dynamics-GP or Finance and Operations an asset
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of accounting
- Previous ERP consulting / training is preferred (mid-Tier / Tier 2 ERP an asset).
What We Offer
A great place to work.
You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop but will laugh often and share many team outings and meals throughout the year. Join our running club, soccer team, basketball team or volleyball team. You can try to beat the CEO in the Sun Run. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, pizza days and picnics, and for those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike, skiing or canoeing day too.
Binary Stream offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package with full health and dental benefits, an RRSP Program with matching DPSPs, and a tuition assistance program.
Binary Stream values our employees and has created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow into their next roles. We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to our HR Team. Apply here to upload your cover letter and resume in one file.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.