Quality Assurance Analyst
Join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software! We are ranked as one of BC Business Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Software Companies” and one of the 2018 “Top 100 Tech Companies in BC” by Business in Vancouver!
We are a gold-certified Independent Software Vendor for Microsoft, creating add-on solutions to enhance the accounting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics ERP, which sell through a loyal channel of Value-Added Resellers. With Binary Stream solutions, organizations facing complex accounting challenges can achieve Tier 1 ERP capabilities without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We not only help make critical business processes scalable and easier to manage, but allow for hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings in the process. Our solutions have been a key element in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP ecosystem for decades. At Binary Stream, we know that achieving these results takes a world class team. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people. Our culture is value and result driven. We follow lean and agile principles in our everyday work areas to help us continuously improve, create meaningful and challenging work opportunities and meet our growing business demands.
We are in the process of scaling-up and plan to take our growth to another level and, as part of this plan, we have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our Development Team!
The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for building the automation of test cases and for maintaining and extending our existing library of documented test cases. Reporting to the Development Team Lead, the Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for manually testing company software to ensure our products meet customer requirements and conform to functional design and organizational quality standards. The QA Analyst will work closely and effectively with the Development team and will play a key role in the delivery of high quality software solutions that integrate with Microsoft Dynamics GP software and other third party technologies.
Working with other Quality Assurance Analysts, the focus will be on maintaining the highest quality standards for our world class products through designing and executing comprehensive control methods. Success in this role is dependent on at least one of the “pillars” of our business – (1) an accounting / business workflow background or good knowledge thereof and/or (2) a working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics – GP or another closely related ERP/business software package.
This role would be a great fit for a Quality Assurance Analyst ERP professional looking to leverage their already substantial ERP knowledge for advancement in a dynamic growing organization.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze customer requirements and design specifications, participate in product review meetings to provide identified suggestions and feedback.
- Build and maintain test environments and test data as needed.
- Write and maintain detailed and effective test plans.
- Maintain accurate test logs on all performed tests and related results.
- Execute functional, fix verification, regression, compatibility, system, integration, performance, usability and exploratory types of testing as required.
- Conduct back-end testing, execute SQL queries and inspect data.
- Create and execute automation scripts.
- Create detailed defect reports and following up on identified defects up until complete resolution.
- Assist developers in diagnosis and replication of product defects and failures.
- Provide timely status updates to Development Lead for all assigned tasks.
- Act as a resource to more junior staff and provides them with orientation/knowledge on specific product areas.
- Follow established quality processes and procedures and constantly contributing to improvement of the quality standards.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related Business discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of software testing experience, preferably with ERP systems with a preference to Microsoft Dynamics GP, Dynamics Finance and Operations, or related experience in applied business/accounting workflow.
- Experience with the software development life cycle and software testing methodologies (experience working within an Agile development environment would be an asset).
- Experience with software testing procedures including executing test plans, unit tests, test scenarios, regression tests etc.
- Knowledge of automated testing tools is an asset (WinRunner, QuickTestPro).
- Exposure of Microsoft based languages and development tools including Dexterity, .NET, C#, SQL Server, SharePoint, and eConnect) is a tremendous asset.
- Accounting or financial related experience and/or education would be an asset
- Superior English Communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment while also being able to work independently as needed.
What We Offer
A great place to work.
You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop but will laugh often and share many team outings and meals throughout the year. Join our running club, soccer team, basketball team or volleyball team. You can try to beat the CEO in the Sun Run. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, pizza days and picnics, and for those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike, skiing or canoeing day too.
Binary Stream offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package with full health and dental benefits, an RRSP Program with matching DPSPs, and a tuition assistance program.
Binary Stream values our employees and has created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow into their next roles. We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates please apply here.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.