Your opportunity starts with us
A unique and exciting opportunity exists for an experienced QA Analyst with Binary Stream Software Inc., one of the fastest growing Tech Companies in BC!
Are you driven to succeed especially in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative environment? Do you have a passion to continuously look for ways to improve to add value? Do you have ERP experience or a background in accounting? Then join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software!
- 3+ years’ experience as a QA Analyst.
- Experience writing test cases.
- Experience with both manual and automated testing.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Previous experience with ERP software ie. Microsoft Dynamics, Sage, SAP, or in-house built.
- Love working in a fast-paced environment that follows agile and lean methodologies Experience working collaboratively to produce results.
- Love to continually learn, applies learning quickly, and is motivated to contribute to the company long term.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver successful results.
- Passion for accountability and adding value.
- Wants a great environment to work!
Why join us? We are ranked as one of BC Business Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Software Companies” and one of the 2018 “Top 100 Tech Companies in BC” by Business in Vancouver! We are still growing due to our goal of worldwide demand for our available Dynamics 365 solutions! This means great opportunities to develop and grow your career long term with us, and we provide a great place to work, where everyone feels engaged and appreciated! Our success is defined by our collaborative culture because our teams value coming into our office every morning, connecting, and working together to create solutions!
We are a gold-certified Independent Software Vendor for Microsoft, creating add-on solutions to enhance the accounting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics ERP. Binary Stream solutions help organizations facing complex accounting challenges to achieve Tier 1 ERP capabilities without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We help make critical business processes scalable, easier to manage and increase savings of hundreds of thousands of dollars! Our solutions have been a key element in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP ecosystem for decades. At Binary Stream, we know that achieving these results takes a world class team. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
Here’s what you will do:
Reporting to the Development Team Lead, the QA Analyst is responsible for testing company software to ensure our products meet customer requirements and conform to functional design and organizational quality standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze customer requirements and design specifications, participate in product review meetings to provide identified suggestions and feedback.
- Build and maintain test environments and test data as needed.
- Write and maintain detailed and effective test plans.
- Maintain accurate test logs on all performed tests and related results.
- Execute functional, fix verification, regression, compatibility, system, integration, performance and usability types of testing as required.
- Conduct back-end testing, execute SQL queries and inspect data.
- Create and execute automation scripts.
- Create detailed defect reports and following up on identified defects up until complete resolution.
- Assist developers in diagnosis and replication of product defects and failures.
- Provide timely status updates to QA Lead for all assigned tasks.
- Mentor new and junior team members; act as a resource and provide them with orientation/knowledge on specific product areas; be the role model and promote communication and collaboration with the team.
- Follow established quality processes and procedures and constantly contributing to improvement of the quality standards.
- Ability to both write and execute test cases.
- Solid understanding of quality assurance and testing methodologies relative to software development lifecycle, including both manual and automated.
- Knowledge of automated testing tools.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related discipline and/ or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of software testing experience, preferably with ERP software or related experience in applied business/accounting workflow.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP, D365 Finance & Operations, or D365 Business Central specifically would be an asset.
- Accounting courses, certification, or further education in this discipline, providing a solid foundation to effectively learn one or more Binary Stream products.
- Experience with the software development life cycle and software testing methodologies.
- Experience working in an agile and fast-paced environment.
What We Offer
A great place to work where the CEO knows your name! Where there’s open communication to freely share your ideas and it’s valued. You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop. Throughout the year you will laugh often and enjoy many fun company activities!
- Feeling hungry or thirsty? Grab a free snack or drink from our staff kitchen! We regularly offer a variety to our teams! Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, picnics, and lunch & learns.
- Feeling energized or need an energy boost? We support and encourage a healthy lifestyle! Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Vancouver Sun Run, or sign up to play basketball with your coworkers.
- Feeling you need some fresh air and sun? For those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike or canoeing day too!
Our Benefits and Compensation
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Extended Health and Dental including Employee Assistance Program (personal health, mental and emotional well-being)
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP Matching Program
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Option
- Tuition Assistance Program
Our Perks & Work Environment
- Inclusive, diverse, friendly and enjoyable work environment
- Yoga and Meditation
- Subsidized fitness membership
- Flexible work schedule to encourage a good work-life balance
We value our employees and have created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow with the company! We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to our HR Team.
Apply here to upload your cover letter and resume in one file.
If you have any questions, please contact the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.