Software Developer D365 F&O
Are you driven to succeed especially in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative environment? Do you have a passion to continuously look for ways to improve to add value and able to demonstrate great results? Do you have ERP experience and or Finance background? Then join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software!
Why join us? We are ranked as one of BC Business Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Software Companies” and one of the 2018 “Top 100 Tech Companies in BC” by Business in Vancouver! We are still growing due to our goal of worldwide demand for our available Dynamics 365 solutions! This means great opportunities to develop and grow your career long term with us and we provide a great place to work where everyone feels engaged and appreciated! Our success is defined by our collaborative culture because our teams value coming into our office every morning, connecting and working together to create solutions!
We are a gold-certified Independent Software Vendor for Microsoft, creating add-on solutions to enhance the accounting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics ERP. Binary Stream solutions help organizations facing complex accounting challenges to achieve Tier 1 ERP capabilities without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We help make critical business processes scalable, easier to manage and increase savings of hundreds of thousands of dollars! Our solutions have been a key element in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP ecosystem for decades. At Binary Stream, we know that achieving these results takes a world class team. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
• You have either or both Finance knowledge and ERP experience.
• 2+ years as a Software Developer
• Demonstrated ability to deliver successful results.
• Passion for accountability and adding value
• Love working in a fast-paced, agile and lean environment where your performance is recognized and you would have great support to help you succeed.
• Experience working collaboratively to produce results.
• Love to continually learn, applies learning quickly and motivated to contribute to the company long term.
• Wants a great environment to work!
Reporting to the Director of Development & Professional Services or designate, the Software Developer is responsible for the efficient design and delivery of high quality software solutions for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations (F&O) to meet client needs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Full lifecycle application development; Tailor software solutions, customizations and enhancements for customers using Microsoft D365 F&O.
• Development of high quality code in a timely manner.
• Investigating, analyzing and replicating issues and providing support to customers.
• Testing and analyzing for operational functionality of solutions; delivery of finished products and implementation.
• Perform tuning improvement on software.
• Participate in modifying and improving business solutions design.
• Play a lead role in the refactoring of existing products in order to improve compliance, consistency, robustness & performance.
• Mentor new and junior team members; act as a resource and provide them with orientation/knowledge on specific product areas; be the role model and promote communication and collaboration with the team.
• Lead approved R&D initiatives when required.
• Strong software development experience, ability to use development tools including Microsoft X++ and .NET to develop software on top of Microsoft D365 F&O.
• Strong database knowledge, in-depth understanding of MS SQL server and able to use transact – SQL to develop stored procedures.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in computer science or related business discipline, and or equivalent work experience.
• 2+ years of software development experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics D365 F&O or related ERP.
• Accounting certification is an asset.
• Experience working in an agile fast-paced environment.
What We Offer
A great place to work where the CEO knows your name! Where there’s open communication to freely share your ideas and it’s valued. You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop. Throughout the year you will laugh often and enjoy many fun company activities!
• Feeling hungry or thirsty? Grab a free snack or drink from our staff kitchen! We regularly offer a variety to our teams! Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, picnics, and lunch & learns.
• Feeling energized or need an energy boost? We support and encourage a healthy lifestyle! Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Vancouver Sun Run, or sign up to play basketball with your coworkers.
• Feeling you need some fresh air and sun? For those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike or canoeing day too!
Binary Stream offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Extended Health and Dental, 3 weeks’ vacation, RRSP Program, and Tuition Assistance Program.
We value our employees and have created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow with the company! We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to our HR Team.
Apply here to upload your cover letter and resume in one file.
If you have any questions, please contact the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.