Software/ Services Technical Consultant
Join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software! We are ranked as one of BC Business Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Software Companies” and one of the 2018 “Top 100 Tech Companies in BC” by Business in Vancouver!
We are a gold-certified Independent Software Vendor for Microsoft, creating add-on solutions to enhance the accounting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics ERP, which sell through a loyal channel of Value-Added Resellers. With Binary Stream solutions, organizations facing complex accounting challenges can achieve Tier 1 ERP capabilities without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We not only help make critical business processes scalable and easier to manage, but allow for hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings in the process. Our solutions have been a key element in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP ecosystem for decades. At Binary Stream, we know that achieving these results takes a world class team. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people. Our culture is value and result driven. We follow lean and agile principles in our everyday work areas to help us continuously improve, create meaningful and challenging work opportunities and meet our growing business demands.
We are in the process of scaling-up and plan to take our growth to another level and, as part of this plan, we have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst/ Services Consultant to join our Development Team!
Reporting to the Director of Development, Professional Services & Support, the Software/ Services Technical Consultant is primarily responsible for delivering value-add services to customers in support of Binary Stream products, revenue growth and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction. The Software/ Services Technical Consultant also participates in providing third-line customer support as needed. This position works closely with the Director D&PS to strategize, prioritize and plan service delivery activities, communicating and collaborating with stakeholders as appropriate. From time to time, it may be necessary to provide coaching to junior staff or less experienced staff in the application of service delivery best practices. This role may require travel from time to time.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver services to customers in accordance with Binary Stream best practices, maintaining communication with stakeholders and managing expectations throughout the engagement.
- Conduct requirements gathering as needed to determine customer needs.
- Report status of service delivery engagements, collaborating and escalating where appropriate.
- Participate proactively in the definition of service offerings, creation of training materials, and development of delivery plans & SOW.
- Deliver the technical services like upgrade, consolidation of data, report modifications, and write queries to update/insert data to the SQL tables.
- Contribute to continuous improvement, using lessons learned to enhance best practices, and proactively sharing this knowledge with others.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and support as needed to other staff who may engage in service delivery activities from time to time.
- Collaborate with the Sales team, supporting and enhancing their capacity to identify and promote services opportunities, in order to promote revenue growth and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with key Binary Stream partners, in order to promote collaboration focused on delivering value to the end-customer.
- Provide third-level support as needed, especially as relates to customers who encounter issues during the implementation of Binary Stream products.
- Fulfill administrative processes as necessary to ensure that all reporting, invoicing, project closure and other functions are completed in a timely manner.
- Advanced working knowledge of financial ERP software, Microsoft Dynamics GP is preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL server, databases and SQL queries.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS-Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Hands-on database analysis, manipulation and reporting experience.
What We Offer
A great place to work.
You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop but will laugh often and share many team outings and meals throughout the year. Join our running club, soccer team, basketball team or volleyball team. You can try to beat the CEO in the Sun Run. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, pizza days and picnics, and for those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike, skiing or canoeing day too.
Binary Stream offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package with full health and dental benefits, an RRSP Program with matching DPSPs, and a tuition assistance program.
Binary Stream values our employees and has created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow into their next roles. We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates are invited to send a copy of their cover letter and resume here directly to our HR Team.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.
…check out our 4.5 rating and reviews on glassdoor.ca!