Are you result driven? A unique and exciting opportunity exists for a talented Systems Administrator with Binary Stream Software Inc., one of the fastest growing tech companies in BC!
Do you have at least 5 years experience delivering systems software support, preferably in the financial ERP space?
Are you an SQL guru?
Do you enjoy being in a niche and important role?
Do you enjoy creating the right solution at the right time, value optimization and innovation?
Then come be a part of our growing team!
We are right for you!
Are you looking for a great working environment with a team of committed and passionate people, who have a strong work ethic, love their job, enjoy autonomy in the workplace and know they are valued?
Are you driven to succeed especially in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative environment?
Do you have passion to continuously look for ways to improve, to add value and show how you get great results?
Then join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software!
Why join us? We are ranked as one of BC Business Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Software Companies” and one of the 2018 “Top 100 Tech Companies in BC” by Business in Vancouver! We are still growing due to our goal of worldwide demand for our available Dynamics 365 solutions! This means great opportunities to develop and grow your career long term with us and we provide a great place to work where everyone feels engaged and appreciated! Our success is defined by our collaborative culture because our teams value coming into our office every morning, connecting and working together to create solutions.
We are a gold-certified Independent Software Vendor for Microsoft, creating add-on solutions to enhance the accounting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics ERP. Binary Stream solutions help organizations facing complex accounting challenges to achieve Tier 1 ERP capabilities without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We help make critical business processes scalable, easier to manage and increase savings of hundreds of thousands of dollars! Our solutions have been a key element in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP ecosystem for decades. At Binary Stream, we know that achieving these results takes a world class team. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
- 5 years of systems support experience
- Proficiency in SQL
- Strong working experience with Microsoft technologies
- Demonstrated ability to deliver successful results
- Passion for accountability and adding value
- Love working in a fast-paced, Agile and Lean environment where your performance is recognized and you have great support to help you succeed
- Experience working collaboratively to produce results
- Desire to continually learn and motivated to contribute to the company long term
- Wants a great work environment!
Here’s what you will do:
Support and maintain Binary Stream’s internal systems and applications in order to ensure they provide optimum support to business operations. These applications include but are not limited to: Jira, Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, financial ERP systems, the company website, along with all related extensions and add-ons.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Professional Services, the Systems Administrator takes necessary actions, tracks related activities, and collaborates closely with internal and external stakeholders, with the overall goal of effectively resolving problems and supporting the company to get the most value from our internal computing tools. This person must be available for internal systems support and implementations as needed, outside of the regularly scheduled business hours.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides internal user helpdesk support for the companys’ internals systems. This includes:
- Recording, analyzing/troubleshooting and prioritizing issues
- Resolving problems independently and/or distributing to the appropriate parties (IT Service Provider, internal SME).
- Liaises with and acts as the primary source of contact for internal systems.
- Coordinates the organization & administration of virtual machine clusters
- Sets up and maintains the ERP and add-on product configurations on in-house demo server environments
- Maintains internal software applications which include:
- Managing and tracking software configurations and updates (e.g. Jira, CRM, SharePoint)
- Ensuring timely applications of upgrades, fixes, SP, patches etc.,
- Provides usage support and customization which includes:
- Creating and maintaining a library of product documentation and online learning media,
- Researching, training and advising users about optimum use of products
- On-boarding new employees by providing setup, training, and access management,
- Managing setups and providing customizations (i.e.: UDFs & workflows).
- Manage information integration and delivery for internal systems which includes:
- Maintaining and working a prioritized backlog of reporting/Business Intelligence needs,
- Delivering, developing and maintaining solutions (including integration directly, via outsourcing, or by guiding the efforts of a co-op student or part-time staff member.
- Analysis of support issues, development and continuous improvement of relevant user guides, and devise solutions to mitigate future issues; conduct research and make recommendations.
- Ad hoc reporting
- Proficiency in SQL
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Technologies such as CRM, SharePoint, JIRA
- Demonistrated ability to learn and apply new applications quickly.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Operational understanding of various IT systems
- High level proficiency with database query to produce ad hoc reports
- Intermediate level presentation skills
- Strong training and interpersonal skills
- Project management mindset
- Proficient in data analysis and documentation
- Working knowledge of Web and marketing software tools such as HubSpot
- Effective communication skills to communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization and external customers
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience delivering systems software support, preferably in the financial ERP space.
- Previous experience supporting Microsoft technologies and using SQL server within the software development life cycle.
- Presentation and training experience.
- Working knowledge of Web and marketing tools.
- Must have operational understanding of information technology infrastructure framework
- Ability to run ad hoc reports
- Experience working in an Agile fast-paced environment.
What We Offer
A great place to work where the CEO knows your name! Where there’s open communication to freely share your ideas and it’s valued. You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop. Throughout the year you will laugh often and enjoy many fun company activities! We promote work-life balance!
We value and support our employees by creating a flexible, friendly, diverse and inclusive work environment, where our employees can succeed and grow with the company! We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
- Feeling hungry or thirsty? Grab a free snack or drink from our staff kitchen! We regularly offer a variety to our teams! Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, picnics, and lunch & learns.
- Feeling energized or need an energy boost? We support and encourage a healthy lifestyle! Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Vancouver Sun Run, or sign up to play basketball with your coworkers.
- Feeling you need some fresh air and sun? For those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike or canoeing day too!
- Feeling like you need to support a great cause? Our Company supports the community through many fund raising efforts such as: Movember, Ride for Diabetes and our local food bank!
Binary Stream offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Extended Health and Dental,
- Employee Assistance Program
- 3 weeks’ vacation,
- RRSP matching program,
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Options
- Awards and Recognition
- Team Building Activities and much more!
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to our HR Team.
Apply here to upload your cover letter and resume in one file.
If you have any questions, please contact the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.