20,000 Employees | 126 Locations
Signature HealthCARE, formed in 2006, is a leading provider of long-term nursing care in the United States with 20,000 employees and 126 locations spanning 10 states. Signature HealthCARE’s mission is to radically change the landscape of healthcare forever.Everyone at Signature HealthCARE has lived that mission operationally and organizationally. For example, residents enjoy innovative programs like the ‘Hall of Fame Café’, which honors residents for their extraordinary achievements. Organizationally Signature HealthCARE blazed new trails by manufacturing its own furniture and running its own construction and renovation organizations to build and maintain healthcare facilities. In 2013, the company was named one of Modern Healthcare’s ‘Best Places to Work’ for the third time.
- Redundant processing – such as processing Accounts Payable, or backing up databases – can be done for all companies at one time rather than individually by company
- Switching companies takes seconds rather than minutes; entity can be chosen on a transaction by transaction basis
- Increased time savings during year and month-end closing, and 1099 reporting
- Quickly able to add new entities during high growth periods
- Ability to easily add general ledger (GL) accounts to each entity from a single database
- Simply ensure vendors match across all entities
- Reduced amount of databases to enable easy single database backups
- $126,000 per year in GP user efficiencies and down-time elimination
- $5,628.75 per year in time savings during year-end reporting
- $4,800 per year in time savings due to no longer having to manually enter new entities
Signature HealthCARE and Multi-Entity Management
We interviewed Bill Breitenbach, IT Director at Signature HealthCARE. Bill goes into detail explaining what led to the implementation of MEM and how it has helped drive efficiencies and cost savings year over year. As Signature HealthCARE’s reputation in the industry rapidly grew, so did the business. This expansion was putting excessive pressure on their current ERP system. “Accounting and IT staff members were spending far too much time doing redundant administrative tasks within Dynamics GP—we needed a better solution,” explains Bill.
“MEM enabled us to shave hundreds of hours each year off of our everyday accounting & IT processes”
Any company growing as rapidly as Signature HealthCARE is going to experience pain in some form or another. For Signature HealthCARE it was its ERP that was making growth more difficult, time consuming, and costly.Bill summarized the main issues with the ERP at the time as follows:
- Too many databases to manage effectively and efficiently
- Difficult to keep up with the regular backups of so many databases
- Ensuring that each entity’s vendors match accordingly
- Adding GL accounts to every entity separately
- Adding new entities during high growth periods
- Year and month-end closing, and 1099 reporting
- Reporting and inter-company reports
“Before MEM, when creating a new entity, our IT department would have to help accounting import all vendors, charts of accounts, payment terms, shipping methods, company addresses, miscellaneous administration setups, amongst others. But now IT doesn’t have to get involved at all. Setting up a new entity used to take a full day of work and involve various departments; now it only takes accounting two hours,” explains Bill.For example, in 2013 alone, Signature HealthCARE launched 18 new business entities. Before implementing MEM to Dynamics GP, it would have taken their team 18 full days to add all those entities into the ERP. Let’s look at how MEM helped ease their pain.
Multi-Entity Management & Signature HealthCARE Solution
Signature HealthCARE had a lean accounting and IT team. It was seeking a solution that would allow it to grow without having to grow internal teams. Creating efficiencies early in the growth stage was a contributing factor towards future success. MEM helped make this possible.“There’s nothing else like this on the market. Multi-Entity Management is exactly what we were looking for; we didn’t have to consider any other products or solutions during our implementation,“ says Bill.The Signature HealthCARE team worked closely with the support team at Binary Steam to ensure a smooth process. “It was easy to work with your support team to get Multi-Entity Management implemented and operating efficiently,” Bill concludes.
“Back when we had 55 entities, it used to take upwards of 15 minutes per entity to close during year-end. The process was a nightmare. Now last year it only took 30 minutes to close out 239 entities during year-end using Multi-Entity Management.”
Bill and the IT team, along with the accounting team, experienced pain reduction in several ways. MEM allowed them to shave hundreds of hours off of their everyday accounting processes per year. With additional time savings realized in year and month-end, creating new entities, and eliminating redundancies and down time, MEM enabled Signature HealthCARE to reduce overhead and scale cost-effectively, while it grew from 55 to 239 entities in under seven years.
“We’ve been using Binary Stream for 8 years now and will continue to do so long into the future. We’re really looking forward to upgrading to Dynamics GP 2015 with your team.” concludes Bill.