In this article
Billing Schedule Workflow with a Usage Item
A customer purchases a service where the monthly billing is based on how much of the product the customer uses. The company creates a billing schedule for the customer and on a monthly basis reviews the amount used by the customer so that the invoice sent to the customer is for the appropriate usage amount.
Ensure that during the setup you have created a billing schedule group with the Billing Type set to Usage.
Note: To access the forms, ensure that you have selected Sales Order Processor as the role in your settings.
To create a billing schedule for with usage items, follow these steps:
- Open the Billing Schedule List (Advanced Recurring Contract Billing (ARCB)> Billing Schedule List).
- Click New, which opens the Billing Schedule Card.
- In the Schedule section do the following:
- Select a Billing Schedule Group.
- Click in the Billing Schedule Number, and then press Tab.
If you use automatic numbering, the number is updated with the next number.
- Type a Description for the billing schedule.
- Select the Customer No.
- Specify the Billing Start Date and the Frequency.
- Specify the Number of Periods.
The Billing End Date is updated based on the number of periods specified.
- Specify the Interval.
- Select the Auto-Renewed check box.
- In the Schedule Lines, for each line you want to add, do the following:
- Select the Item No.
- If the Billing Type for the item is not Usage by default, set it to Usage.
- For the line, click Usage > Usage Info to open the Usage Information form, where you set the Usage Option as Reading or Consumption.
- For the line, click Line > Functions > Display Billing Details, which opens the Billing Detail List form.
- Specify the initial and current reading or consumption values.
- Save and close the page.
- Save and close the page.
You are then returned to the Billing Schedule Card.
After you create the billing schedule with usage items, follow these steps to create and post an invoice for the billing schedule:
- From the Billing Schedule Card, on the Actions tab, click Create Invoice.
An alternate way to access the invoice creator is as follows: Departments > Advanced Recurring Contract Billing (ARCB) > Billing Schedule Invoice Creator.
- In the list, select the line for which you want to create an invoice.
- Click the Actions tab, and then click Post Invoice (s) to create an invoice and post it.
- In the Log dialog, click Preview.
- Review the log, and then close it.
To simply create an invoice, click Create Invoice(s). Posting the invoice would be a separate step.
After the invoice is posted, you can review the billing schedule:
- Back on the Billing Schedule Card, for the line click Line > Functions > Display Billing Details to opens the Billing Detail List form.
- Check that the reading or consumption values on the newly created line are correct and that the new line is formed correctly.
You can see that a new line is added to the list. The previous reading or consumption value is the same value as the current reading or consumption value of the previous line.
|Binary Stream Customer Portal||Copyright © 2019 Binary Stream Software Inc.|